Specialist Braking & Suspension Testing
At P&G Motors we value your safety and have installed in our workshop the Safe-T-Stop Test Lane which is German technology which tests your vehicle for Braking performance, Alignment of the wheels, Shock absorber condition and Weight distribution.
Does your car rock and roll when you corner? Not braking the way it used to? A Safe-T-Stop test will soon have you back on the right track. Your car’s braking and suspension play a vital part in making sure that you can stop quickly and safely.
You can trust your family’s safety to a Safe-T-Stop test. It provides an added safety check that goes beyond a general inspection and road test to scientifically test your braking capacity and ensure maximum stopping performance. A Safe-T-Stop test is carried out on the electronically accurate PlateTronic test equipment. Safe-T-Stop test lanes measure and simulate a vehicle’s brake performance, just as it would happen in an emergency stop on the road!
Why A Safe-T-Stop Test?
Along with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your vehicle will stop straight and in the shortest possible distance in an emergency, having your braking and suspension system in peak operating condition also saves you money by reducing tyre wear and tyre drag which can increase fuel consumption.
A Safe-T-Stop check will give you an accurate and detailed printed report that will enable us to advise you on any critical adjustments that should be made. At present not having the equipment for long we are seeing a lot of rear brake failures and rear brake imbalance this can be as simple as dirty brake fluid that is in need of a flush.
Vehicle test video
YOUR CAR’S BRAKING PERFORMANCE :
Measures individual wheels brake force, showing left to right imbalance and front to rear distribution.
- Checks that your car stops in a straight line.
- Highlights possible deficiencies in the braking system.
- Braking deficiencies are things such as oil-contaminated brakes, maladjusted brakes, misaligned brake linings, sticking brake calipers etc.
- Vehicles with braking deficiencies, in most cases, still have the ability to stop, but will require longer distances.
THE ALIGNMENT OF YOUR VEHICLE WHEELS :
The correct amount of toe in or out on your car’s wheels, is very important to your car’s on road performance.
- Effecting tread wear and life of your tyres.
- Vehicle straight line drive-ability.
- Need for a full alignment.
SHOCK ABSORBER CONDITION :
Worn shock absorbers reduce braking efficiency.
- Resulting in longer stopping distances.
- Increased risk of skidding in the wet.
- Less control when cornering.
- Increased wear on tyres and suspension components
Shows weight distribution, as well as total weight of your vehicle.
- The gross weight of a vehicle affects how the vehicle performs on the road.
- Checks the weight imbalance after fitting heavy accessories such as retro trays or bull-bars etc.
ILLUSTRATED ON AN EASY TO READ REPORT:
On completion of the test a report is produced which clearly indicates the results on an easy to read sheet.